Search Our Site
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Alert - Listeriosis in South Africa March 16, 2018There is an outbreak of listeriosis in South Africa. People usually become ill with listeriosis after eating contaminated foods. Travelers to South Africa, especially those with higher risk of infection, may wish to avoid certain foods to reduce their risk of infection.
- Alert - Yellow Fever in Brazil March 15, 2018There is a large, ongoing outbreak of yellow fever in multiple states of Brazil. Travelers to Brazil should protect themselves from yellow fever by getting yellow fever vaccine at least 10 days before travel, and preventing mosquito bites.
- Watch - Lassa Fever in Nigeria March 5, 2018Lassa fever is a viral illness that usually causes mild symptoms, including slight fever, weakness, and headache. However, in some people it can cause more serious symptoms, like bleeding gums, eyes, or nose; difficulty breathing; repeated vomiting; facial swelling; pain in the chest, back, and abdomen; shock; and even death.
- Watch - 2018 Winter Olympics (PyeongChang 2018) February 8, 2018The 2018 Winter Olympics will take place in PyeongChang, South Korea, from February 9 to February 25, 2018. The Paralympic Games are scheduled for March 9 to March 18, 2018.
- Alert - Malaria in Brazil January 31, 2018Public health officials in Brazil have reported an outbreak of locally transmitted malaria in the town of Wenceslau Guimarães in Bahia State. Local transmission means that mosquitoes in the area may be infected with malaria and spreading it to people.