Search Our Site
- Alert - Malaria in Cape Verde August 14, 2017The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported a malaria outbreak in Cape Verde. Recently, there has been a substantial increase in malaria in the capital city of Praia on São Tiago Island (also known as Santiago Island).
- Watch - Cholera in Yemen August 14, 2017There is a widespread cholera outbreak in Yemen. Between April and July 2017, more than 400,000 cholera cases and nearly 2,000 deaths have been reported. Twenty-one of the country’s 23 governorates have reported suspected cases.
- Alert - Rabies in Malaysia August 9, 2017The Malaysian state of Sarawak has declared parts of three divisions to be “rabies infectious areas.”
- Watch - Dengue in Sri Lanka August 9, 2017The Ministry of Health in Sri Lanka has reported a dengue epidemic. More than 100,000 cases have been reported across the country.
- Alert - Zika Virus in Puerto Rico August 8, 2017Zika virus (or Zika) has been reported. Public health officials have reported that mosquitoes are infected with Zika and spreading it to people.