Search Our Site
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo February 22, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Watch - Lassa Fever in Nigeria February 7, 2019Nigerian health officials have declared an outbreak of Lassa fever in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should avoid contact with rats, especially rat urine and feces, and keep their accommodations or campsites clean.
- Alert - Yellow Fever in Nigeria January 28, 2019A large, ongoing outbreak of yellow fever in Nigeria began in September 2017. The outbreak is now spread throughout the country. Travelers going to Nigeria should receive vaccination against yellow fever at least 10 days before travel and should take steps to prevent mosquito bites while there.
- Watch - Andes Virus (Hantavirus) in Argentina January 28, 2019There is an outbreak of Andes virus in Argentina, specifically in Chubut Province of Patagonia. Travelers to Argentina should avoid contact with rodents and their droppings (urine and feces), and avoid close contact with anyone who may be sick.
- Alert - Drug-Resistant Infections in Mexico January 28, 2019Recently, some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, were diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria.