Search Our Site
- Watch - Malaria in South Africa October 20, 2017Health officials in South Africa have reported limited cases of locally transmitted malaria in Gauteng Province, where Johannesburg and Pretoria are located. Local transmission means that mosquitoes in the area may have been infected with malaria and are spreading it to people.
- Watch - Cholera in Chad October 20, 2017The Ministry of Health of Chad has reported a cholera outbreak in Koukou and Goz Beida Districts in Sila Region and Am Timan District in Salamat Region in the southeast of the country.
- Watch - Malaria in Italy October 19, 2017Italy has reported limited local transmission of malaria in the town of Ginosa in the Apulia region. Local transmission means that mosquitoes in the area may have been infected with malaria and are spreading it to people.
- Alert - Plague in Madagascar October 19, 2017Although bubonic plague occurs nearly every year in Madagascar, an unusual outbreak of plague pneumonia is occurring in widespread areas of Madagascar, including in heavily populated cities of Antananarivo (the capital city and its suburbs) and Toamasina.
- Watch - Chikungunya in Italy October 4, 2017The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported locally transmitted cases of chikungunya in four areas of Italy. Local transmission means that mosquitoes in those areas of Italy have been infected with chikungunya and are spreading it to people.