Search Our Site
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Alert - Drug-Resistant Infections in Patients Who Had Weight-Loss Surgery in Mexico April 17, 2019Some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, have been diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria. (weight loss surgery, bariatric, Tijuana, Mexico, Grand View Hospital, VIM, carbapenemase)
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo April 16, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Warning - Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe April 5, 2019Parts of Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe have been severely affected by Tropical Cyclone Idai. US residents should avoid nonessential travel to Beira City and the surrounding area in Mozambique. Travelers to other affected parts of Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe should take steps to prevent illness and injury.
- Watch - Measles in Japan March 11, 2019There is an outbreak of measles in Japan. Travelers to Japan should make sure they are vaccinated against measles with the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine.
- Watch - Measles in Brazil March 11, 2019A measles outbreak has been reported in Brazil. CDC recommends that travelers to Brazil protect themselves by making sure they are vaccinated against measles.