Search Our Site
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Watch - Measles in the Philippines April 11, 2018There is an outbreak of measles in the Philippines. Travelers to the Philippines should make sure they are vaccinated against measles with the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine.
- Alert - Malaria in South Africa April 6, 2018The United Kingdom (UK) has reported cases of malaria in UK residents who had returned from the Waterberg district municipality of Limpopo Province in South Africa. Waterberg had not previously been considered an area with malaria; however, local cases have been reported in the past.
- Alert - Listeriosis in South Africa March 16, 2018There is an outbreak of listeriosis in South Africa. People usually become ill with listeriosis after eating contaminated foods. Travelers to South Africa, especially those with higher risk of infection, may wish to avoid certain foods to reduce their risk of infection.
- Alert - Yellow Fever in Brazil March 15, 2018There is a large, ongoing outbreak of yellow fever in multiple states of Brazil. Travelers to Brazil should protect themselves from yellow fever by getting yellow fever vaccine at least 10 days before travel, and preventing mosquito bites.
- Watch - Lassa Fever in Nigeria March 5, 2018Lassa fever is a viral illness that usually causes mild symptoms, including slight fever, weakness, and headache. However, in some people it can cause more serious symptoms, like bleeding gums, eyes, or nose; difficulty breathing; repeated vomiting; facial swelling; pain in the chest, back, and abdomen; shock; and even death.