So the Fourth of July has come and gone, and you still haven’t booked your summer vacation yet? Not a problem. There are still plenty of deals on the table at destinations all over the country. For example, here are two great ways to save on a getaway to the Mid-Atlantic region this summer.
Deal or No Deal? Colonial Williamsburg Summer Package
Colonial Williamsburg (www.colonialwilliamsburg.com), the largest living history museum in the U.S., makes just about every family’s must-visit list. And it’s easy to see why: this reconstructed 18th-century Virginia capital brings to life one of the most important periods in American history, with a cast of thousands dressed in period garb playing the roles of colonists. The best part? Kids have so much fun they don’t even notice that they’re learning.
This summer, Colonial Williamsburg is offering a Summer Saver package that includes four nights’ hotel, park admission, and a credit to spend a variety of ways. The package price starts at $599, based on a family of four with two kids 18 and under. To see if it’s really a good deal for families, we did the math. The package includes:
- four nights in a standard double room at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites (worth $596 in mid-July)
- continental breakfast daily at the hotel (always free)
- length-of-visit admission passes providing unlimited access to Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area, including all exhibit sites, street theater program Revolutionary City, indoor art museums, historic area shuttle and hotel parking (worth $30 x 2 adults + $15 x 2 kids = $90 for four-day guest passes)
- 25% discount on Colonial Evening Program tickets (saves about $15 x 2 performances = $30)
- $100 credit, good at Colonial Williamsburg shops, restaurants, spa, and recreation facilities
- Frommers: Southern California Deals: Save On Summer Family Travel
- OHIO: Cedar Point’s Castaway Bay and Sandcastle Suites Stays start at $79
- Free-for-Fall at Nickelodeon Suites Resort: Get a Free Night
- Colony Beach & Tennis Resort of Long Boat Key rates start at $175 a Night
- Walt Disney World Resort Announces a Free Disney Gift Card Offer with Select Vacation Packages