Google recently announced their Google Maps for biking directions and extensive bike trail data for the United States. Now you can set your plans for a great ride weekend anywhere in the country.
Bikers all over the country will now will be able to explore new trails or find specific directions in their local community with a few mouse clicks.
Google’s partner in this, TrailLink.com, is a free service from Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) providing detailed information on more than 30,000 miles of bike trails, walking trails, equestrian trails, and hiking and running trails including interactive trail maps, trail descriptions, pictures and more. RTC is a nonprofit Washington, DC-based organization that continues to create a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors.
Take time now to plan out your next family ride and know everything you need to know about the trails and hotels, camping groups and motels along the way.
- Top 4 Family Vacation Guides at Barnes and Noble
- RV Parks, there’s an app for that.
- Callaway Gardens Summer Family Adventure starts at $386 for up to a Family of Five
- Forbes Traveler Names North America’s Most Bike-Friendly Cities
- Forbe Traveler’s 10 Most Kid-Friendly Cities in America