State tourism boards were asked by Parent Magazine to nominate snow resorts that offer family-friendly and affordable inns, lodges, and resorts. The resorts were evaluated with regard to the family activities on site and nearby the ski areas, the quality of ski lessons for young children, the standard room size and amenities, the kids’ club or supervised play area and special holiday events.
The resort had to cost less than $250 per night for accommodations for two adults and two small children or $400 for a daily all-inclusive package.
Most of the locations offer suites, villas and lodges that are either connected or a short distance from the main building that will accommodate anywhere from 5 to 12 comfortably.
The Woodloch Pines, Edgewater Suites (The Springbrook) is a one bedroom suite with private balconies, two baths, a wet bar, and two televisions. It has 2 queen beds in the bedroom and one queen pullout in the living room. Most of these accommodations are attached to the resorts’ indoor swimming pool and sports complex. Ideal for large or extended families, these suites are best suited for 2–6 people.
- Here’s the Top 10 Best Snow Resorts for Families:
- 1. Jackson Gore Inn, Ludlow, Vermont
- 2. The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Beaver Creek, Avon, Colorado
- 3. The Lodge at Suncadia, Cle Elum, Washington
- 4. Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
- 5. The Peaks Resort & Golden Door Spa, Telluride, Colorado
- 6. Woodloch Pines, Hawley, Pennsylvania
- 7. Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, Vermont
- 8. Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa, Thompsonville, Michigan
- 9. Resort at Squaw Creek, Lake Tahoe, California
- 10. Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa, Park City, Utah
- 5 Great Resorts for a Big Family Colorado Ski Trip
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Lodge Kidani Village offers a variety of accommodations including one-, two- and three bedroom villas.
- 5 Disney World Timeshares for Big Family Vacations
- Top 10 Early Ski Destinations
- 3rd Night Free at Florida’s Sandestin Resort