Whether floating down the Colorado River or climbing the Great Wall of China, families participating in Adventures by Disney vacations will connect with the world – and with each other – during a variety of guided group travel experiences spanning six continents in 2010. Created specifically for families, Adventures by Disney itineraries lead guests through the history and culture of each destination while providing unique experiences and exclusive access along the way.
Entering its fifth year, Adventures by Disney designs tours with the family in mind and provides educationally enriched experiences so even younger travelers understand, appreciate and have fun in their new surroundings. These hassle-free vacations, rooted in the service and quality of family travel leader Disney, provide distinctive opportunities and special touches to make memories that last a lifetime.
“We are able to offer vacation experiences to some of the most fascinating places on earth, literally bringing history to life for our guests,” said Don Gross, vice president, Adventures by Disney. “Each itinerary is carefully planned, creating a vacation that includes the most iconic and must-see sites as well as off-the-beaten-path excursions. In fact, guests often tell us the hardest part about the trip is choosing the adventure.”
The Disney Difference
From snorkeling with sea turtles in the Galapagos to discovering Europe’s classic history, each itinerary is as matchless as its surroundings. Yet one aspect holds true for every trip: the special touches that are collectively called “the Disney difference” …
Adventure Guide: Part storyteller, ambassador, concierge and role model, Adventures by Disney’s highly trained Adventure Guides are the friendly hosts and travel specialists who lead guests on every trip. With two guides assigned for every group (of up to 40 people), travelers receive individual attention to ensure a fun and enriching vacation.
Junior Adventurers: Young travelers are transformed into Junior Adventurers – seeing, hearing and tasting things that they might otherwise not have experienced. The immersive activities created just for kids allow young travelers to learn and have fun in places like museums that aren’t always as entertaining for the younger set. For example, at the Louvre in Paris, the Junior Adventurers play an Art Detective game throughout the museum with their Adventure Guides, while adults take a privately guided tour with an art historian. In addition, Adventure Guides are expert storytellers and are trained to create fun and unique, locally based experiences for the kids. On almost every departure, there is also a Junior Adventurers night, in which the kids have a special evening experience with their guides, while the adults get a quiet evening on their own at the resort.
Local Experts: An authentic Tuscan chef, a naturalist from Costa Rica, a Chinese tai chi master – these local experts share a passion; they live and breathe the local history and culture of their destination. They are an integral part of every Adventures by Disney vacation. They join guests to share their stories and provide an “insider’s” perspective to each destination.
VIP Access: Travelers vacationing with Adventures by Disney receive VIP experiences that are practically impossible to schedule on their own. Special entry to otherwise crowded sites, unique accommodations (such as castles in Ireland and Germany, a dude ranch in Yellowstone, and at the base of a live, active volcano in Costa Rica). Guests also get backstage access of celebrated performances such as “The Lion King” in London. These are just a few of the exceptional moments woven through each itinerary, promising expedited service and a broader knowledge of each destination.
Adventures by Disney’s 2010 destinations include 19 global itineraries:
Asia & Pacific
· Enchanted China – China: Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Shanghai and Hong Kong
· Safari to South Africa – South Africa: Cape Town, The Garden Route and Kapama Game Reserve
· Discovery Down Under – Australia: North Queensland, Ayers Rock and Sydney
British Isles & Europe
· Cities of Knights and Lights – England and France: London and Paris
· The Emerald Isle – Ireland:Dublin, Killarney and Shannon
· Once Upon a Fairytale – Germany: Heidelberg, Trendelburg, Rothenburg and Munich
· Alpine Magic – Italy and Switzerland: Stresa, Zermatt and Lake Lucerne
· Viva Italia – Italy:Rome, Tuscany and Venice
· Bella Italia – Central Italy: Sorrento and Florence
· Path to Pura Vida – Costa Rica:San José, Arenal and Manuel Antonio National Park
· Treasures of the Galapagos – Ecuador and Galapagos Islands
· Sacred Valleys and Incan Cities – Peru: Lima, Sacred Valley and Cusco
· Spirit of America –Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Pa., and Williamsburg, Va.
· Quest for the West – Wyoming: Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
· Southwest Splendors – Arizona and Utah: Sedona, Grand Canyon and Moab
· Backstage Magic – Southern California: Hollywood and Disneyland Resort
· Golden Path to Yosemite – Northern California: Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park and San Francisco
· Taming the Last Frontier – Alaska: Fairbanks, Denali National Park and Kenai Peninsula
· Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales – Montana and Canada: Glacier National Park and Banff National Park
Just as Adventures by Disney creates family-friendly adventures with the child in mind, so, too, are online activities designed for kids. Junior Adventurers can get a taste of the authentic real-life experiences they will soon explore by means of destination-specific games, trivia, photos, downloadable coloring maps and countdown calendars (JuniorAdventurers.com
is designed to answer guests’ primary vacation questions. Unsure where to travel? The unique Trip Selector tool narrows down the ideal choices based on the family’s interests. Curious what to expect day-to-day? Travelers can reference the Frequently Asked Questions to find a plethora of information – everything from destination climate to children-friendly cuisine for each itinerary. Decide on a trip?
The full E-brochure is available online for guests to e-mail and share with others planning the vacation. The Web site also features a condensed print version of each itinerary including dates and pricing ranges for easy hands-on reference.