Second Hand Timeshares are Great Values for Big Families
Traveling to Colorado for a ski trip with a big family means good planning and searching out the right place with the best values. Over the past few years timeshares have become an increasingly popular choice for renting near great vacation spots. Timeshares have sprouted everywhere, from South Pacific beaches to the Colorado Rockies’ ski slopes.
Friends that have book timeshares have shared theire great experiences and many times have paid only half what they would have to a resort. Many timeshares offer kitchens, fireplaces, cable tv and amenities on property and choices of 1,2 and 3 bedroom condos.
Check out RedWeek.com, the largest marketplace for timeshare rentals, resales and exchanges. The following five resorts are near some of the best skiing in Colorado and featured at RedWeek.com:
Grand Timber Lodge is one of Colorado’s finest ski-in, ski-out resorts.
Nestled next to the Snowflake Chairlift and just a short stroll from downtown Breckenridge, Grand Timber Lodge offers spacious studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom residences. You’ll find an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, six hot tubs, and full athletic club with classes, and the Grand Victorian Day Spa & Salon offering a full range of services. The one-, two-, and three-bedroom units have fully equipped kitchens, private decks, fireplaces, and cable television with VCRs. The restaurant, pools, spas and common areas with a pool table, big screen TV and fireplace provide a nice place to unwind. Two fitness rooms, free shuttle to anywhere in town. The underground heated parking is also a plus.
This Marriott Vacation Club International resort offers a variety of spacious villas, located just two miles via private shuttle from Vail’s international village. The Douglas and Evergreen buildings offer contemporary one- and two-bedroom accommodations. The two bedroom units are great for two couples or a family. The on-site recreation facility provides an indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool spas, sauna, steam room, and racquetball courts. Organized activities are also available. You might even see deer outside your unit.
Whether it’s the unique hot springs that dot the area, the world-famous ski slopes nearby or the year-round collection of outdoor activities all around, Steamboat Springs will always attract visitors to its perfect corner of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado. And Wyndham Vacation Resorts Steamboat Springs is the perfect place to call home as you explore this honest-to-goodness Western town with natural mountain beauty, unique attractions and historic charm. Shuttles to the ski resorts run every fifteen minutes.
St James Place, Beaver Creek, offers diversions for all seasons and tastes. Activities ranging from hiking and golfing to skiing are available on-site, making this a great family vacation spot. For relaxation, take a dip in the pool or unwind in the sauna, or you may choose to work out at the resort’s health club. The resort is located right at ski slopes, with unique shops, galleries and an outdoor ice skating rink in the village. Be sure to catch a mountain sunset before dining at one of the nearby restaurants. Underground garage parking.
The brand new Hyatt Grand Aspen features richly appointed one-, two-, and three-bedroom units that are uniquely Victorian in style. Aspen offers fabulous restaurants, world-class shopping and entertainment, dinner sleigh rides, mountain climbing, paragliding, kayaking, fly-fishing, white-water rafting, skating, skiing, tennis, and golf in a small town nestled in the Rocky Mountains. This charming boutique resort is steps away from the Aspen Mountain gondola. The resort provides free continental breakfast, high speed internet, shuttle service to Snowmass and other local ski areas, five daily newspapers, and twice daily maid service, including wonderful Enstrom toffee bars with the nightly bed turndown.
Truly a 5 star resort.
Want to find out more about timeshares? Check out RedWeek.com, the largest marketplace for timeshare rentals, resales and exchanges.
Click here to find more Colorado Timeshare listings at Redweek.com
I recommend you follow several rules when renting a timeshare. Remember finding value means also taking more responsibility as a customer.
- Contact the resort directly to verify the ownership status of the person you are buying/renting from:
- Is this person an owner at the resort?
- Do they own the week/unit being advertised?
- Are there any unpaid maintenance fees/assessments that would:
- prevent a renter from checking in to the unit, or
- transfer to the new owner
- Ask the owner for references of people that have rented from him/her previously
- Both parties should sign a rental agreement
- Never pay 100% of the rental price up-front (depending on how close the transaction is to the check-in date)
- Pay 50% of the rental price up-front, and the remaining 50% when you receive written confirmation FROM THE RESORT that the reservation has been placed in your name (it’s also a good idea to phone the resort to ensure your reservation is secure)
- Never pay via wire transfer (Western Union, MoneyGram). Please view our Payment Method Comparison for more information
- 5 Great Hyatt Timeshare Resorts Sleeping Five or More
- Top 10 Early Ski Destinations
- Great Values at Timeshares and Rentals
- Parent Magazine’s Top 10 Best Snow Resorts for Families including All-Inclusives
- RedWeek’s Top 25 Timeshare Rental Resorts Fantastic for Families of Five or More