I’ve mentioned the National Park System before. It is without a doubt the best adventurous family vacation one can have. National Parks Traveler has named 10 rivers to ride in the national parks. According to Kurt Repanshek, “… the most iconic river in all the land is the Colorado that flows through Grand Canyon National Park. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find quality river trips elsewhere in the National Park System.”
1. Colorado River, Grand Canyon National Park.
2. New River, New River Gorge National River.
3. Gauley River, Gauley River National Recreation Area.
4. Green River, Dinosaur National Monument.
5. Yampa River, Dinosaur National Monument.
6. Snake River, Grand Teton National
7. Yukon River, Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve.
8. Noatak River, Noatak National Preserve.
9. Saint Croix and Namekagon rivers, Saint Croix National Scenic Riverway.
10. Alaska – so many options here he named several
- National Park Week, April 17-25 Means Free Admission to all 392 National Parks
- U.S. National Parks are a Great Family Vacation Getaway
- Free Admission and Festivities for All during National Park Week April 16-24
- Camping with Kids and a Big Family
- Top 4 Family Vacation Guides at Barnes and Noble