The biggest takaway from this article in ForbesTraveler.com is that the “luxury travel industry [is working] overtime to compete for their most valued clients—you and your family.” The economy has made it possible for families to get bigger value out of their dollar when visiting luxury resorts and hotels.
According to ForbesTraveler, “Some of the best deals for families can be found at the beach, where communities based entirely on the tourism dollar have been hit harder than most by a quickly receding market. The second-room freebie rule applies liberally to these sun-soaked shores-and without an age restriction. The Mauna Kea in Hawaii will give you a second room for free, if you book one of their premium rooms. But of all the family-friendly deals, the Cayman Islands takes the cake—they’ll fly your kids in for free, give you a free fifth night at any of 27 participating hotels and condominiums (including the gorgeous Ritz-Carlton and the Westin Casuarina resorts on Grand Cayman) and feed your children for free at one of 13 restaurants.”
So run don’t walk to your nearest laptop or Palm Pre.
- The Caymans Host the Annual Pirates Festival | Save up to 50% at The Grand Cayman Beach Suites
- Frommer Posts “Best Spring Break Deals” – including 32 Club Med Family Resorts
- Vacations News from Around Web
- Marriott Resort’s “Spring into Savings” Promotion Means Up to 40% Off on Select Stays
- Travel and Leisure Readers name America’s Best Hotels for Families | 2009